Followers

Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ticket to Joy

Thanks to an invitation given by "Altered Pages" Blog Challenge to create a collage using stamp pads, metal, paper. I am excited...to show off my first collage using thin copper metal with alcohol inks adding chipboard diecuts, trinkets and vellum.  I love the way it came out. I wanted to use the word "Joy" to coincide with my blog-Cultivate Life in Joy.



I cut a metal strip of the thin copper and embossed it with a Cuttlebug border folder..used my love of Martha Stewart glitter pen, inked stained the edges of the chipboard circled letters and put more glitter on edges here and there again after staining. I used alcohol inks using colors stream and yellow on the embossed copper metal strip.   I chose a  4 1/2 by 6 1/4 turquoise cardstock card to use for my background for the collage. 

I wanted to use clocks as my background to represent time..."Make time for Joy in your Life"

I placed a quote "Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep." by Fran Lebowitz. It seemed to fit my theme of time being given to us using it to fill our hearts with Joy and cultivating it into life..mind you..you have to choose what you want to cultivate in your life even though there seems to be bundles of stress, anger, frustration...I choose "JOY"... life is to short.  I have been around the block carrying all the other junk and I have found it to be unnecessary junk that pulls me down.
Notice..I put a heart lock and an assortment of keys..we have the keys to open the lock to our heart and let joy in and overflow. The ticket with a cross on it is my interpretation of God being the true ticket to Joy in your life...the sad part is we have the keys to make the choice to let God in our heart and God will only come in if you invite Him. Give Him the ticket to come in...He loves you more than you could ever imagine and that Joy will fill and overflow in your life like never before.  It doesn't mean you won't have troubles it just means you will have God to get you through...them


3 comments:

DIYDesignStudio said...

So well planned and thought through! This is a delight, Thank you for participating!

altermyworld said...

congrats on winning! what a pretty card
ANg

Becky Voth said...

Congrats on winning! It's lovely!