Followers

Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A play with Corrugated Cordboard

Hello Everyone,

This card has to do with wanting to get a burlap look on a flower from corrugated cordboard. This Frugal Grannie has to make do... so this is what I came up with to get the look. It was a little stiff at first to maniuplate but once I played with it in my hand creasing the strip in half, swirling, twisting and voila slowly turned it into a flower.  Here is a Post on my Blog called 'Green with Joy' that shows you 'How-to' make these cordboard flowers. I think  these with the corrugated side showing came out really well. The 'How-to Green with Joy' shows them made from the smooth side of cordboard paper and how you can fancy them up.
  I had seen a beautiful burlap flower a fellow blogger made that was gorgeous. Think I'll be sticking to corrugated cordboard for now. Well, at least until I can get some burlap with a discount coupon.

I used Pink Paislee- Daily Junque Collection paper along with a stamp called 'Skinny Minnie' from PinkFlamingo61 stamps. I blinged her up a little in her funky chic way..laugh out loud..I just love this stamp.

I hope you enjoyed..the idea of playing with a different texture to get the look you want.

Until next time...this Frugal Grannie is over and out.

No comments: