Followers

Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Maple leaf into Poinsettia Flower

Hi Everybody,
I am sharing a Christmas flower project by using what I have on hand to create a Poinsettia flower.  I used the Cuttlebug Maple leaf diecut to create it.
Here is how I began. 
  • I used Recollections Cardstock Paper - Red.
  •  McGill 1 3/8" Alpine Snowflake as my petal base.
  • 7 Maple leafs are needed
  • Glitter leafs as needed..I used Martha Stewart Glitter pen
  • let glitter dry
  • two layers each having 3 Maple leafs..
  • Lay 2nd layer offset from first
  • the 7th leaf is cut up and glittered to lay as layers

Eample: First layer of  3 Maple leafs

I used green glitter pen to make stamens for center of flower. 

I did use my McGill 'Shaping Tools & Molding Mat' to give it a 3D effect
Here is the finished product.
I hope you enjoyed my Poinsettia Flower and take the challenge to make your own with what you have.
This Frugal Grannie is leaving you with Blessings for a safe Holiday Season. 
--------------------------------
FYI..these Tiger Lillies on this card below were also made with the Cuttlebug Maple Leaf Diecut.

Until next time...be Blessed of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: