Followers

Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Lights...Camera...Froggie Jayme is here

Hello Everyone...
 
Sharing with you today 'Beach Baby Jayme' created by Crissy Armstrong. I recently signed up at StampArt Designs by Kathyrne  and her Facebook page where this image was offered as a freebie through Whimsy Stamps a couple weeks ago. You can also go directly to Whimsy Stamps to get the Freebie Friday plus check out all their goods and Artist Creations.  Note: their Freebie Friday is only good until each Saturday. This week is a cutie 'I am Blue' a precious bird  by LiaStampz check it out  http://whimsystamps.com/
 
Well, I knew I wanted to play dress up with Beach Baby Jayme laugh out loud as I fell in love with her show-off cuteness. I am a glitzy girl even if I don't go out for the day I put on my jewelry just to go sit in the livingroom so I wanted to give Jayme my glitzy touch.  I just was not sure what colors to use so  I kept pulling out sheets of design paper to setup the backdrop for Jayme the Froggie.  And I wanted to give her some shadowing which I am not good at shadowing an image yet so I figure if I can't join them I will make my shadows work for me as I can... I hand cut Beach Baby Jayme out along with a couple of shadow colors.  Once I cut Jayme out I did use my McGill embossing tools to give dimension to Jayme's tummy, eyes, cheeks and umbrella and using pop dots to make them pooch out before attaching her to the shadows.
Miss Jayme is such a poser for the camera...heeee so I wanted to make sure her backdrop work just right for the camera and lights. Laugh out loud.  I finally found the right design papers and colors as my creativity was tickled by Kathryne  sharing a post on Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog who is having a challenge using black somewhere in your design.
Supplies Used:
Image: Beach Baby Jayme by Crissy Armstrong/Whimsy Stamps
Martha Stewart - Lace hand punch, glitter pens
Ranger Liquid pearls/pink
K & Company Design Paper
Recollections & Spare Parts - Flowers & bling
Sentiment/Scripture - JustRite Stamps
Faber Castell watercolor pencils
Spellbinders Nestabilities 
McGill Embossing Tools
 
Once I finish coloring Jayme the Froggie a scripture came to heart 'He has made everything beautiful in its time Ecclesiastes 3:11' which I had in a stamp by JustRite Stamps.
Sometimes its hard to feel beautiful on the outside...I found when I allow God to walk with me in my day and activities he gently whispers in the little things how much he loves me and I am his beautiful unique creation.  The flowers just seem prettier in color and stance as they bloom just for me . The little birds outside the window playing and chirping as they serenade me with a sweet song.
---------------
I am submitting this card to:
 Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #136 -Use black somewhere on your creation
And I want to leave you with an invitation to the weekly challenge at Twist of Faith...where I am blessed to be on the Design Team.  This week we are having a 'gatefold card' challenge...Come by join in the fun and show off your creativity.
Until next time this Shabby Chic Grannie is out.
 
 

5 comments:

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Your card is gorgeous, Antoinette. It's such a cute image by Crissy. You've coloured her and dressed the card up beautifully. Lovely job! The Scripture is nice and I appreciate your sentiment towards how you feel. Praise God for how He loves us so! xx Kathryne

Janine said...

This so made me smile so thank you.
What a great image and such a fun way of making her shine out!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi Antoinette! Crissy here, author of "Beach Baby Jayme". I love your dazzling card, esp her pearl dropped necklace -- what a great addition!! Love all the extras you put into it and the lacy black die cuts. So gorgeous! Love your post too! It was encouraging to read! There is a story behind this image - a stamper had a sister named Jayme who had been given a short time to live by the dr.'s - she was calling on all stampers to send her a card to cheer her, and she mentioned how Jayme had a great sense of humour and loved frogs. So,... I thought why not draw a stamp image in Jayme's honour and offer it free to any stamper who wanted to make this woman a card. So there you have the whole story now. Bless you!!

Karen Letchworth said...

They are SO blessed to have YOU on their Design Team too! Thanks for sharing this darling card with us in this week's challenge. Your fellowship is such a blessing to me, and I greatly appreciate you stopping by to play along. I love playing along at Twist of Faith any time I make a card that fits the challenge. Thanks for stopping by, and God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Zella said...

Antoinette, how adorable!! Whoever will pull this card out of the envie will certainly have a big smile on their face!!