Followers

Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Clean and Simple

Hello Everyone,
Today I am going to share three cards made in the Clean and Simple/CAS style.  I truly have a hard time with this style and have to discipline myself.  I may have added a few more embellishments than I should have on at least one of these.
The first one with the red and blue is a premade card design. I just added a piece of design paper from DCWV/Pocket full of Posies stack, ribbon, stamped sentiment by Hero Arts then used the McGill Butterfly punch.
 
On these other two I made from some pretty premade brown textured cards. It was a pack of 12 for $1.00 I  bought a couple of days ago at Hobby Lobby and today now that I made these cards I wished I would have bought more because I am reminded of how some of my embossing folders can make the brown look like slices of chocolate.  The top layer is Coredinations/French Roast.   I embossed both of the chocolate cards with the new Anna Griffin Cuttlebug embossing folder along with the matching Edge design called Circular Grid. 

This card above I used the Circular Grid Edge embossing folder. I left half inch hang over to add/use Martha Stewarts Lace hand punch. I also used the Martha Stewart Butterfly edge hand punch. I was wanting to try something new on showcasing sentiments so I used Spellbinders Heart Nestabilites.  The yellow butterfly is from my stash by 3Bird Estate Collection, the strip of design paper is  by BoBUNNY/Gabrielle Collection, sentiments by Hero Arts.
I can't wait to mail these out to two special people I had in mind. What is funny is I can get by mailing these with regular postage.  I think I ought to work clean and simple a lot more.
 
I hope you were inspired to take those embossing folders out and play. The Cuttlebug machine was my first crafting tool I bought and I love it....especially now that I can get double use as a  diecutting machine.
--------------------
I also want to leave you with a personal invitation to come by the Twist of Faith weekly challenge blog and join in the fun get some inspiration by the Design Team and share you beautiful creations.
 
We are a  Family Friendly Challenge Blog with a group of women who love to create cards with a special  "twist". Each week we love to share our creativity in giving each card a special touch of encouragement by placing a scripture, positive quote/verse, or uplifting quote somewhere on the card.  We want to not only share our joy of creativity  in making cards, but also encourage others with those cards.  You never know whose life you can touch with a card. 
 
 I pray the Lord Bless you and keep you. Until next time this Shabby Chic Grannie is out.
 

No comments: