Followers

Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wings of a Diva

Hi Everyone,
I made this canvas frame for myself. I love the thought of angels watching over us.  Especially since it is a truth that comforts my spirit confirmed in the Holy Bible and a command spoken by God :
Psalm 91:11-12
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

I love the thought of myself being a Diva so my angels wings and its background had to represent sophistication.

I also did not feel like cluttering the canvas with words..I felt it spoke for itself with a clean elegance.


This is the final look with a four layered matting placed in an 8x10 frame.
------------------------------

I started with a blank 5x7 Artist canvas, recycled corrugated cardboard, Sizzix Wings, Gesso, The Paper Studio/Sophisticated Safari Design Paper, USArtQuest Inc. Mica Flakes/Essence of Pearls, Tim Holtz Idealology.

Before Look: natural then with Gesso
I have been wanting to make something special with these wings and glad the inspiration finally came.  Here is another version I have not completed..but you will get the idea.
Hope this inspires you to do your version of this.

The Wing cut is at a different angle and I hand-cut for feathering...I used USArtquest Watercolors Metallic pallette/Macropearl. This is a pearlescent watercolor effect..I love it!
I love how the natural cardboard color peeks out here and there to match the Safari Design Paper I will be using.

___________________________________


Until next time this Frugal Grannie is out.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas.
 


2 comments:

Jenn Erickson said...

Wow! Beautiful composition, colors, and sentiment. What a treasure!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

hi antoniette what a nice moment im soraya from facebook i delete my facebook account cause was too much for me...you can join my inglish blog or dutch if you like..nice to find you again...blessings...soraya