Followers

Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Quiet Waters..Restore my Soul

I have given myself a Cuttlebug challenge to come up with designs at least one or more a week. To think outside the box from the straight forward folders. I used three differentCuttlebug folders to create this card: Texture Textile, Dots, Wavy Line, . And the Martha Steward hand punch with one of the long-mini Cuttlebug folders in the middle of the handcut design. The flowers are handmade by cutting a circle swirl.

I added a chipboard bird diecut. The butterfliy is a hand press diecut by McGill. I glittered and embossed with the Cuttlebug 'Textile texture' folder.
My calm and peaceful card with the sentiment/scripture from Psalm 23- The Lord is my Shepherd.
I am going to share the whole chapter of Psalm 23. It came to mind as I was sick with one of my Crohns disease attacks  last night. It filled me with peace and assurance that my Heavenly Father is with me always.

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul,
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his names's sake.
Even though I walk through
 the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me,
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows,
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

I hope you enjoyed my card and your visit..I pray you were blessed by the prayer and know that you are not alone and are loved.





2 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow this is so beautiful,what a really beautiful design and so elegant a really gorgeous post hugs Cherylxxxxx

Teresa said...

What a beautiful card and great embossing too.
Teresa x