Followers

Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Altered Birdhouse Plaque

Hi Everybody,
I am here today sharing "Part Two" from my previous post "Paper Roses" which were made for this Birdhouse Gift project.  I altered a natural wood two story birdhouse plaque by first dipping it in color dye which you can find on my post "To Dye For Projects".   What I enjoyed about dip dyeing was that I was able to dye several items I new I wanted black and have readily available for when I was ready to work on them. This birdhouse was one of them.
The before and after look after dip dyeing..love how the dye potion gave the tin birds an oxidation finish.

These are paper roses from recycled pulled cardboard strips painted with USArtquest Mica watercolors.

I added some Sixxiz swirls and embossed some of them to give texture. I used Spellbinder Shapebilities to cover the birdhouse entry and antiqued.

I added touches of  mauve colored lace on the bottom border of each house along with pretty pink bling swirls here and there.

I hope you enjoyed. Until next time this Frugal Grannie is out..
--------------------------------








2 comments:

Barbara Rankin said...

WOW, Antoinette. I love your dip dyeing process. I cannot believe that it actually changed the color of the metal birds. Really cool. It turned out beautifully. TFS.

usartquestblog.com said...

These are just beautiful. The compositional layout, color combinations and the attention to detail. They're really special.