Followers

Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Fun Butterfly Tricks


Hello Everyone...

I wanted to share with you a couple of beautiful butterfly tricks.
Today I was wanting to put butterflies on a card project and I started with...I sure wish I had those Spellbinder Butterfly Shapebilities...I wish..I wish..I wish. Well that did not do any good so I had to get my mindset on what I have.  I pulled this beautiful Martha Stewart border punch from one of my craft drawers loving the intricacy of these butterflies.  This time when I looked at them I saw them as individual within the flock.
+++++
All the butterflies together made me think of how once we receive God in our hearts we grow in him and yearn to spend more time with him, his word and fellowship with others praising his name. We are all unique and intricately made united as we pray for our friends, families and nation.
++++
 It all came together for this card project. All the different sizes and beautiful shapes were all there I just needed to cut them out myself...how hard is that.  Once cut I ran them through my 1.5 inch Xyron machine, sprinkled glitter on them and pressed the glitter down. Here is a sneak peak at the card I am working on as one of the Design Team members at Twist of Faith. We have a new challenge coming up next Tuesday so be sure to come by and join in the fun.
For this other butterfly below I found it on Pinterest . The ladies design is gorgeous and you can check her out here for her details.  As usual we crafters always love getting ideas and tweaking them to our needs and imagination.  I used  different flower die method because it was what I have on hand. So I am sure you will too once you see and check your supplies. Here is a picture of  my process with the tools.
I used this die from Cuttlebug with the tiny flowers, McGill Embossing tool to give the flower shape once placed on the McGill Butterfly Punchout.
 
There are so many butterfly hand punches and dies I am sure you have one you can work with. Below is a closer look at how beautiful the flower details are giving the plain punch.
Once I finished the butterfly from my memory and then added and looked at the person who originally created  the style I did not follow correctly but hopefully you will . I love the final look of this one.  But hers is gorgeous and a must try.
The second embossed one is to make it a 3D look.
 
Hope you enjoyed and this gave you some money saving techniques on using what you have.
 
Until next time this Shabby Chic Grannie is out...Hugs and God's Bountiful Blessings to You.
Wait...
Here is an invitation to come by Twist of Faith Weekly Challenge Blog and join in the fun.
 

2 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

oh these are gorgeous!!! love the techniques :D

Papercrafting Princess said...

How cute and creative!!!!! Butterfly blessings to you!