Followers

Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Altering Notebook - Bonanza



Sharing my once blank navy canvas 'Art Journal' notebook I bought to watercolor,draw and put my favorites stamps.

It was plain as you can see.  What I loved about it was the magnet closure and starting with a blank canvas.

  The task was there and I wanted it to represent, inspire and call my name when i would see it setting there.

 I've had it for a good three weeks trying to decide what colors and how much stuff/fanciness I wanted to put on there. I did not want it to have so much stuff on the outside then I wouldn't want to touch but just look at it.

I thought I was going to want to put some red color on it but no not me. I love my blue colors, turquoise being my favorite, maybe the next one. For this one I chose a bold pattern by one of my favorite paper desiginers, Anna Griffin and of course used a hand diecut 'Twirl Loop' by Martha Stewart another favorite Diva Craft Designer.

Here are a couple other notebooks  I altered and gave as gifts.. hope you enjoy the inspiration.

diecut inside pages


Diecut inside pages
 I really enjoy doing these kinds of personal alterations to ordinary things. Maybe you and your teenage Daughter or Grand-Daughter can pick up a fun project and do one this summer.  Enjoy until next time..thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Thought I'd leave you with a picture of my lap buddy..little Ms. Pepper...Heee poor thing even she doesn't get away with Mommie altering stuff for her..I sewed some pearls on a scarf color for her..She so spoiled...love her.
Until next time..

4 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oooh so stunning! Love the details on this card and the colours are so pretty :)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

thank you for your very kind comments now it's my turn to send them right back, loving your altered projects so classy and beautiful , my fav is your pretty doggy in her pink collar.
Have a great weekend. janex

Marisa Job said...

It is a notebook!! Just gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

I just love your work. I do not know where I found you at, but I am glad I did... Just love your cards. Do you have a tutorial on how to make your cards...