Added Buttons and Pearls.... To alter/renew a cigar box that was once my loved ones trinket box and old.
|painted & crackled|
I found a cheap Elmers Glue crackle formula on Ann's blog. She has it specifically down to different materials she has tried it on. I read it a couple months ago and did it from memory. I highly suggest you check her blog out for better details..Because not sure about you but I wind up tweaking and changing things up.
The steps were simple.
- paint the project with acrylic paint color you want base to be, let dry
- then pour/brush on a layer/coat of Elmers Glue
- do not let glue dry just settle for a minute
- then paint 2nd top acrylic color that will crackle to show 1st color.
- You will see the crackle begin after 3 minutes(or less)
I enjoyed the process and would do again. Next time I will try with just a thin layer of glue and see how it comes out since I did not check or remember what the Blogger said how thin or thick. Besides I bought a few cigar boxes for only 35cents each at my local liquor store for more projects.
|This is the side I did not make sure was level. Turned out perfect anyway for being the front section. (Wheww)|