Followers

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Delightful Cupcake from Recycled Cordboard

 Here you go...just for you.. a slice of calorie free cupcake....Haaaaa..heeeeee...isn't it the cutest.

Before I go any further I must commend and give praises to the Artist & Blogger 'art on the menu' that inspired me to make a recycled cordboard cupcake, who would have thunk.  I saw a picture on Pinterest of a variety of whole cupcakes they made. It took some research but I found the Artist. All I can say and be honored do is say a continued prayer "Blessings of creativity, health and joy in their heart for overflowing love of creativity to others."
I went with making half a cupcake due to my love of making cards as 'Keepsakes'.
I kept a memory picture in my head and kept playing with the idea on how to cut. These are the pieces I came up with and made my version of the 'Artist's.  I cut shaped, layered and manipulated thin strips to curly cordboard chocolate strips.

On cutting the design be sure to cut facing the cordboard opening holes.

I had so much fun making this..it was almost as good as eating one...haaaaaa without the calories..well I didn't get to lick my fingers with the icing but I licked my lips with delight in making it.
If you notice on the picture I did put a hand diecut lace cupcake lining underneath the cupcake. I used two circles and made as one from the Martha Stewart Embroidery line.

This half of cupcake measures__2 1/4 inch wide by 3 inches to the top of curls.

 Here is my final version of my card..I didn't get to fancy with the card because i got to excited on showing the cupcake off.  I sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit and journey of my recycled cordboard cupcake. I was so inspired. I can't wait to make a coconut topping one..my favorite..I am even thinking of a coconut recycled cordboard donut. I'll be sure to share. Don't forget to check out 'art on the menu' Blog the Artist that inspired me to my next level of creativity. They also share yummy recipes and have a Facebook page.
 I knew I was saving those cardboard boxes for something else beside recyled cordboard flowers and emblishments. You'll have to check out my 'Post" on the flower..to see click on 'Green with Joy...Heee'.
Ok...this Frugal Grannie is over and out..until next time...hugs
Hoping you leave me a comment.


7 comments:

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is brilliant, I love it x

Joyful Imperfections said...

(singing) FABuLOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it Antoinette!

Marisa Job said...

Love this idea! Very clever!! Great card!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

You are Such a sweet heart!
I thank the Lord for readers like you! :)
Blessings and Hugs!!!
Keren

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a fabulous idea, you are so creative and inventive. janex

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Brilliant