Followers

Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Time for Anything but a Card

Hello Everyone,

I have been missing playing with my House-Mouse stamps. And finally got some fun playtime coloring this adorable 'The Thinker' with Amanda mouse. My creativity got tickled as I was inspired by one of my favorite Challenge Blog's House-Mouse & Friends to join in their challenge.  I had bought a packet of 3 natural plain gift bags at the dollar store awhile back knowing I wanted to decorate them so this gave me the nudge to start...on at least one as a Thank you gift bag. I went ahead and left off a sentiment  so they could reuse how they wanted.  I decorated the other side also with this pretty design paper by K & Company along with a cardboard lining on the inside bottom. I also fuzzy cut the top of the bag with scallops edges.
It was quite easy and fun once I found the design paper and decided on a fall like neutral color theme. I gave it a special touch of tender loving care by tying some yellow string with double loop knots every few centimeters on each handle to give it a pop of color and special look.
Supplies Used:
Spellbinders: Timeless Rectangles,  Grand Ovals, Grand Rectangles
Martha Stewart: Aster punch/flower
Design Paper: K & Company
Spectrum Noir, Faber Castell pencils
Here is the other side of the gift bag.

I am entering this decorated gift bag into the following Challenges where I am also a Follower.
House-Mouse & Friends #157 - Anything but a Card
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything but a Card
The Squirrel and the Fox - Animal Antics
4 Crafty Chicks#167 - Anything but a Card
Craft my Life/November - Anything but a Card
---------------

Until next time this Frugal Grannie is out....Hugs


 
 


7 comments:

Janine said...

Love your bag and the colouring of the house mouse is very nice - like the dimension on the pot.

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Wonderful job!

Leanne DT @4CC!

America said...

What an adorable House-Mouse bag. Great Fall Papers and fabulous colors. Thanks so much for playing along on the House-Mouse & Friends MC "Anything but a card" challenge. Good Luck to you and please come join the Mousey fun again. :)

Sue said...

What a nice gift bag you have created with that little mouse perched in the flower pot. Such nice colors on the Kraft bag. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute bag!! I love making my own bags, makes them extra special. The image is cute and the colors are great for the fall. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog

Helen said...

Great gift bag and such a sweet image.

Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

Helen x

Kimbo said...

What a great transformation and I love the natural look. Your colouring is supper too. Thanks for showing it at House-Mouse & Friends. Kim (GDT) x