Followers

Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Cascade card


Hello Fellow Crafters, 

I am here this Monday evening sharing a Cascade card I made. It was so much fun...not to mention a little confusing on my part on embossing the correct sides facing out. I am a Design Team Member for Meet at the Scrappers Corner and we have a Facebook page that we require you to be a Member of  as one of the main rules to enter your paper projects into our Monthly Challenge. Here is the Meet at the Scrappers Corner Facebook link everyone is welcome to join.  All that said to share this, we have a fun and friendly group of members along with an open Tutorial File where we all share new creative ideas for paper project and more.  I love visiting it now and then to pick up a new card technique.  And this is where I got the tutorial for the Cascade card I am sharing with you today. I have been eye-balling this card for awhile and finally found the right tutorial in the Meet at the Scrapper Corner Tutorial File. I have seen several but this one is the easiest and best with details.  Here it is available through Youtube by the gracious crafter Frances Martin known as Frenchie's Videos.  She gave me directions I followed and added all my special design touches to fancy it up to my liking.
I decorated my panels by first embossing with an Anna Griffin Christmas folder called Sleigh Bells then distressed with black and gold ink. Placing Cottage Cutz - Woodland Pine Trees glittered with Martha Stewart Sugar Cube glitter flakes...Die-namites - Pine Bough dipped in Martha Stewart Holiday glitter...Impression Obession Snowflakes dies covered with Stickles/Diamond.
 And my fabulous fun My Besties digital image by Sherri Baldy is Winter Wonderland Blushing that I manually made into a 3D image using her bust portion.  I literally printed her 5 times and had fun coloring each section to get this 3D effect. It was not as hard as I first thought but quite fun. I colored her with a combination of Spectrum Noir and my Derwent and Faber-Castell pencils.

 I have been wanting to do this and am real happy I did and love the outcome. I featured this precious Winter Wonderland Blushing digital image on a Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles to encase her in. I cut a couple extra along with using the Classic Scalloped Circles Large to cut the center out so my image could look like she was posing. I used Stickles/Diamond on the top Lacey Circles layer.
Once again...I really enjoyed making this Cascade Card with the help of Frenchy's Videos and Meet at the Scrappers Corner Facebook page. I invite you to join us as a friendly crafty group. We are small and growing. 

And here a Cascade Card by Me.
Digital Image/My Besties - Winter Wonderland Blushing Designed by Sherri Baldy
I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges;
My Besties 3D #19 - More than 1 Fold
My Besties Aussie #30- Let it Snow - Snowflakes and glitter
My Besties International #22 - Embossing(dry)
Christmas Sweet Stampin Challenge - Snowflakes
--------
I would also like to take this time to invite you to Meet at the Scrapper Corner Monthly Challenge - November-THEME:Anything Goes + Doily and Bow. Come and join the fun.

Until next time this Shabby Chic Grannie is out. Be Blessed. Be safe. Big Texas Hugs.

13 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow Antoinette, I am speechless.
This looks more beautiful every time I look at it. I love everything about it.
I would have to say it is the most gorgeous Cascade Card I have ever seen indeed. I adore how you have added so much detail with embossing and inking, this really sets the card off even more.
Congratulations on this wonderful tutorial, I thoroughly enjoyed reading.
Your Cascade Card is a Winner !!!
Scrappy Hugs, Annette xx

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Love this Antoinette never doe this shaped card before but will have to have ago sometime Hugs Sue xxx

Julie Gleeson said...

Oh Wowsers! This is such a beautiful card! I love how you have done your own 3D as well for this one! Thank you so much for sharing at Besties 3D Deco Blog! Hugs Julie xox

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Antoinette and your card above so beautiful
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

this is amazing I love it thanks for sharing with us at my bestie 3D
hugs Tonnie DT

Kreatives von Andrea said...

This ist a dream...i love it and it is a so gorgeous card..you have made a great job. a big compliment...

Thanks for joining us over at My Besties 3D Blog. Good luck!

Nice greeting Andrea DT

Grandma Bonnie said...

oooh, to say i would love this card, means this is sooo great! I have yet to make this fancy fold card, i want to and now more than ever! Beautiful!!! Thank you so much for entering our My Besties 3D Deco challenge..the new challenge starts tomorrow!

Luana said...

Very nice Antoinette. Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Besties 3D blog. Good luck!

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWW this is breathtakingly beautiful an incredibly superb design amazing card fold and gorgeous image, thank you for sharing this with us at My Besties International.
hugs
lorraine x

France Martin said...

Thank YOU for the shoot out and YOUR card is beautiful Love the antique look

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Sensational Card Antoinette.
Thank you for sharing over here at My Besties International and best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT

Sandra said...

WOW! This is stunning! I love it1 Beautiful design.
Thank you for sharing with us at My Besties International and good luck!
Hugs, Sandra My Besties International DT

Grandma Bonnie said...

Oh my, Antoinette, i think this is the most awesome card..and now i want that embossing die you have used! Thank you for entering our challenge at My Besties International! Our new challenge begins Monday!